Installation, Care and Maintenance of Your Ceramic Tile
Our ceramic reproduction tiles are produced by dye-sublimation. To ensure their long-lasting beauty periodic care is required.
- Always use an un-sanded grout. Image sublimated tile is not scratchproof.
- Do not grout the entire surface, just the joints. Wipe carefully with a soft cloth. Do not rub.
- Clean as soon as possible with a mild solution of half a cap-full of Windex and a soft cloth.
- T-shirt material is recommended as your soft cloth.
- Apply grout sealer to the joint after 30 days, following the manufacturers directions.
- Rinse and clean with a soft cloth.
- The use of multi-purpose household cleaners is not recommended. It is not necessary to use any type of detergent. Detergent leaves a film that will dull the appearance of the tile. In the case of tile with a high-gloss finish, one cap-full of Windex can be added to one quart of warm water to remove any water streaks.
- For kitchen backsplashes, clean often after cooking to prevent dirt buildup. Do not use commercial tile cleaners, commercial fungicides, chlorine bleach, abrasive cleansers, detergent, ammonia or petroleum or animal fat-based cleaners. Read all cleansing product directions prior to use.
- Do not use acids of any type (hydrofluoric or muriatic) on your tile or grout.
- Do not use steel wood, colored cleansing agents or scrub pads.
- Do not wax your tile. Image sublimated murals are durable, with proper care and maintenance.
- Do not use sublimated tile outdoors or in fountains, swimming pools or spas.
- We do not recommend the use of image sublimated tile in shower areas. If you do use sublimated tiles in your shower they will require frequent periodic cleaning in order to remove soap scum, hard water deposits and body oil.